Camping: Frequently Ask Question
- HOW CAN I APPLY FOR A CAMPSITE?
Application will be available online on Monday April 3ʳᵈ, 2023, at 9:00 am CST. After May 1ˢᵗ, please check our website WWW.ILLINOISSTATEFAIR.INFO or call the office at 217-782-0775 to check on availability.
- DO I NEED A RESERVATION?
Yes – a reservation is required
- WHAT IS THE COST TO CAMP?
• RV Camping is $50 per night, includes one Campground vehicle parking placard
• Tent Camping is $25 per night
• Additional Campground vehicle parking placards will be available at the Campground office for $40
• Admission Books are available online for $45, includes 11 any day admission passes (WWW.ILLINOISSTATEFAIR.INFO)
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO CAMP?
Priority is given to Vendors/Concessionaires and Livestock Superintendents. Individuals who registered and showed livestock the previous year and/or registred for the 2023 Illinois State Fair (One campsite per exhibitor/family is allowed). Then the general public is placed as space allows.
- IF I HAD A CAMPSITE LAST YEAR, AM I GUARANTEED A CAMPSITE THIS YEAR?
No – Spaces in the campground are not reserved from year to year
- HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO GETS A SPOT?
We receive far more reservation requests than we can fill. Camping assignment is on a first come, first served basis, with priority given to Vendors/Concessionaires and Livestock Superintendents. Livestock entrants initially requesting to stay 6 nights or longer will then be given priority. Placement is based on your initial request; you may not reduce your stay.
- HOW DO I CHECK IN?
You must enter the campgrounds by coming in Gate 10 off Sangamon Avenue and check in at the Campground Office. DO NOT place camper and then check in.
- WHAT TIME IS CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT?
Check in is at 3:00 pm
Check out is 12:00 pm – If not out you will be charged another night.
- ARE ALL SITES FULL HOOK UP?
No – All sites have electric and water, but not all have sewer. All sites have at least 30-amp service, some have 50-amp service, but are limited. Please come prepared.
- WHAT INFORMATION WILL I NEED FOR THE ONLINE APPLICATION?
A sample application will be posted at least one week before applications are accepted. Please review that to be adequately prepared for the information needed when the application goes live.
- HOW DO YOU DETERMINE CAMPER MEASUREMENTS?
We assign campsites trusting you’ve done your homework with a tape measure. Our sites vary in length. If you have a hitch or spare tire, include them in your length measurement. Forget guessing. Measure. Misrepresentation of camper dimensions could result in the loss of campsite.
- WHEN WILL I KNOW IF I HAVE A CAMPSITE?
We will begin processing applications in April. Notifications will be sent in May, via e-mail if your application was approved, which will include your placement and payment information.
- WHAT IF I HAVEN’T SUBMITTED MY LIVESTOCK ENTRIES YET?After livestock entry deadlines we work with the Competitive Events Department to ensure entries have been submitted. There will be NO REFUNDS if rules are violated.
- WHEN DO I PAY?
Payment will be due in full no later than Close of Business on July 5, 2023. Payment details will be included in your Approval Notification.
- DO YOU HAVE A WAITLIST?
There is a waitlist. Those who have been notified they are on the waitlist will be notified as soon as possible after the July 5ᵗʰ payment deadline.
- ARE ANIMALS ALLOWED IN CAMPGROUND AREA?
Pets are permitted at the campgrounds but must be always leashed and are not permitted outside the campgrounds. Owners are responsible for pets’ actions and cleanup / disposal of waste. Unruly or aggressive pets will not be tolerated and may be required to leave the Fairgrounds. There will be no refund in such an instance.
- ARE ANIMALS NOT BEING SHOWN ALLOWED ON THE FAIRGROUNDS?
The only animals allowed outside of the campgrounds are service animals as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. Service animals do not include emotional support or comfort animals.
- CAN I MAKE CHANGES TO MY RESERVATION AFTER I’VE SUBMITTED IT?Yes, but there are no guarantees that the change can be accommodated.Requests must be submitted in writing to AGR.FairCredentials@Illinois.gov